Customer Disclosure and Agreement
- Coverage. This Agreement applies to your use of County Savings Bank’s Online Banking Service (“Internet Banking”), which permits you to access your accounts with County Savings via the Internet for various banking services. This Agreement applies to all persons that are parties to the accounts. In this Agreement, the terms “you” and “your” refer to each owner of an account accessible by Internet Banking, and the terms, “us,” “we,” and “our” refer to County Savings Bank.
- Your Responsibility. You are responsible for selecting all software, hardware, and your Internet service provider and for any defect, malfunction or interruption in service or security due to hardware or software failure or your choice of an Internet service provider.
- Password. Your Password has the same effect as your signature authorizing transactions. You agree to keep your Password safe, and not to disclose or make your Password available to anyone other than authorized users of your accounts. Be advised that anyone to whom you disclose your Password and anyone who has access to your Password will have full access and presumed authority to the services you can perform with Internet Banking, including full access to your accounts. You have no ability to limit any such person’s authority. If anyone uses your Password, you will be responsible for any transactions performed by that person. If you elect to have the browser on your computer save your access ID and password, and someone not authorized gains access to your accounts with us to view or transfer funds, then you agree to take full responsibility for these transactions and cannot hold County Savings Bank liable for any losses incurred due to unauthorized activity.
- Security. We use a system of firewalls that serve as an immune system to protect our information applications from unauthorized intruders. Computer operations specialists monitor this system for any indications of a breach. Additionally, we use and require you to use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption. Additionally, we use an automatic “time out” system that will automatically log you off if, after 20 minutes of inactivity, you have not logged yourself off.
- Customer Liability. We use a system of firewalls that serve as an immune system to protect our information applications from unauthorized intruders. Computer operations specialists monitor this system for any indications of a breach. Additionally, we use and require you to use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption. Additionally, we use an automatic “time out” system that will automatically log you off if, after 20 minutes of inactivity, you have not logged yourself off.
- You could lose money in your accounts, including any credit line, if available. If you contact us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss, theft, compromise, or unauthorized use of your password, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If you do NOT contact us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss, theft, compromise, or unauthorized use of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password to access your accounts without your permission if you had told us, you may have a greater loss. Also, if your paper or e-mail/electronic periodic statement shows transfers that you did not make, contact us at once. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error occurred. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed or e-mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost through transactions made after the 60 day time period if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
- Loss of Password or Event of Unauthorized Transfer. If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, please Contact Us immediately.
- Processing Your Funds Transfer. We will process a funds transfer on the same day as your instructions if we receive your instructions before our Internet Banking cut-off hour of 9:00 p.m. EST (the “Cut-Off Hour”). If we receive your instruction after the Cut-Off Hour of that day, we will process the transaction no later than the Cut-Off Hour of the next day. If you schedule a funds transfer for a future date, we will process the transaction on that date. If you schedule a recurring funds transfer and the payment date does not exist in a month, the payment will be processed on the last day of that month or the business day previous to the scheduled date.
- Canceling Funds Transfers. You may cancel or change a scheduled funds transfer by selecting and accurately completing the appropriate fields from the payment menu. Any instruction to cancel or change a funds transfer must be made by the Cut-Off Hour of the day prior to the date the transaction is to be processed. If you do not accurately complete the appropriate instructions prior to that time, the transaction will be processed. You should cancel all scheduled transfers before you discontinue using the Internet Banking program.
- Overdrafts. When you schedule a funds transfer using Internet Banking, you authorize us to withdraw the necessary funds from your account with us. We deduct the amount of your funds transfer from your account on the date we process your instruction. Each instruction to us to withdraw or transfer from an account is an order to us to pay from that account at that time or on a later date, if any, indicated in the instruction. We may charge these payments against your account even though the charge creates an overdraft, or we may refuse to make these payments if the charge would create an overdraft in your account. If your account becomes overdrawn, you agree to immediately pay us the overdrawn amount, together with any applicable fees. If the account is maintained in connection with an overdraft line of credit, any overdraft will be made in accordance with the agreement or rules governing that account rather than this Agreement.
- Fees. There is no charge to use Internet Banking or to make transfers between your County Savings accounts. See our regular schedule of fees and charges to find out how much and when other fees and charges may apply, such as overdraft.
- Periodic Statements. Your Internet Banking account activity will appear on your periodic account statement. However, periodic statements are not supplied and do not apply to non-statement accounts such as Passbook Savings.
- Our Liability for Failure to Make Transfers. If you have given us all of the proper and timely instructions and have properly completed all fields required to process a transfer, and we do not complete that transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, subject to the limitations contained in this Agreement, we will be liable for your losses or damages proximately caused by our failure. However, there are some exceptions, including but not limited to, the following:
We will not be liable to you if,
- Through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- The transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as communications, electronic or computer system failure, fire or flood) prevent the transfer or use of Internet Banking, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- You have not properly followed the instructions for using Internet Banking.
- Your operating system is not properly installed or functioning properly.
- The failure resulted from any malfunctions of your browser, Internet service provider or computer, computer virus or other problems relating to the computer equipment you use with Internet Banking, including, without limitation, your inability to access Internet Banking or any part of Internet Banking.
- The failure was the result of inaccessibility to Internet Banking due to Internet Banking system failure.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
- If your account is closed, or if it has been frozen.
- If you, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
Notwithstanding any other provision in this agreement, unless otherwise prohibited by law, our sole responsibility for an error by us or third party provider in transferring funds will be to correct the error, but in no case will we be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with or in any way related to Internet Banking.
- Account Information Disclosure. See our current disclosure.
- Termination. We may modify, suspend or terminate your privilege of using Internet Banking and may withhold approval of any transaction, at any time, without prior notice to you. In the event we terminate Internet Banking, we will try to notify you in advance but are not required to do so. You will be notified as soon as practicable. Any one person who can use the account accessible with Internet Banking may terminate Internet Banking. Termination shall not affect the rights and obligations of the parties for transactions made with Internet Banking before we have had a reasonable time to respond to your termination request. Your termination of Internet Banking may NOT automatically terminate any pending transfers and payments; you should cancel these items prior to terminating usage of Internet Banking.
- Third Parties. You understand that support and services relating to Internet Banking are provided by third parties other than us and you authorize us to contract with third parties to provide such support and services.
- Amendment. We may amend this Agreement at any time. Notice will be posted in our office and/or mailed to you at your current address as stated in our files. Amendments will be effective upon the date indicated in the notice.
- Limitation on Our Liability. Unless otherwise required by law, we will not be responsible for any losses or damages from the use of the services described in this disclosure statement and the service agreement, including direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages. We will not be responsible for any losses or damages from the use of the software or the equipment you use to access the service including direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages. We will not be responsible for any losses or damages because of a failure or delay in the delivery or processing of any payment including direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages. We will also not be responsible for any transfer of funds the primary purpose of which is the purchase or sale of securities or commodities regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Our Business Customers. If you are not using the Service primarily for personal, family or household purposes, sections 6, 15 and 16 of this agreement, as well as, the “In Case of Errors” page do not apply to you. In addition, you agree that you are responsible for all payments and transfers made using your Password even if you claim you never requested or received a Password or if the person using your Password was not authorized by you to do so.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable by any rule or law, administrative order or judicial decision, all other provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force.
- Governing Law. This agreement is governed by and shall be constructed in accordance with the State laws of Pennsylvania and applicable federal law.
- Business Days. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, even if we, or any of our branches, are open all or part of such days.
- General. This Agreement is intended to supplement and not to replace other agreements between you and us relating to your accounts, including, without limitation, our Deposit Account Rules. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any other account rules and agreements that apply to your accounts, this Agreement shall govern and prevail with respect to Internet Banking activities.